Monday, November 19, 2007

Abigail Mae Welker

Our little girl is here!!!! She decided to come 3 weeks early! She is the sweetest thing ever and we love having her sweet little spirit in our home. She was born on November 14th. She weighed 7lb 3oz and she was 19 in. long. We stayed in the hospital until the next afternoon and then we got to come home so she could meet her sister for the first time. The Flagstaff hospital has a rule that no children under the age of 12 can come in during flu season so Dani didn't get to meet Abby when she came to the hospital to see her mom who missed her so much. We did take her to a glass door on the balcony and brought Abby to the other side. We told Dani that that was baby Abby and she grabbed the door handle and said "door...open it!" She tried to kiss Abby through the glass. It was so sweet. We are all home together now and happy as can be. It is so fun to have Abby in our family, we couldn't imagine life without her now. And yes, we ended up naming her Abigail Mae (after my dad - Gail) and Hestons grandma (Ila Mae) even though you all had the most votes for Emma. That may be the next girls name...unless Heston gets lucky and he gets his boy.

8 comments:

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE the new look of your blog!!!! You all look so cute and I love Abigail's name:)

Jamie & Johnny said...

Congrats. That is funny that Amy put you into labor. Great story. I love her name too and she is such a cute baby. Who knew you guys could cook such cute kids. So fun, I"m glad all went well.

Lopez-kids said...

I think she is defintely an Abby. Isn't it funny how you just know. :-) She is gorgeous! I need to come see her!! Are you guys staying around for the holidays? Maybe I can come for a quick visit! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa! What the heck! I can't believe she came three weeks early and you've already posted all those pictures.....you must be super mom. Seriously, congratulations. She's so beautiful. Isn't being a mom the best???? I can't wait to see her! Call me when you get some time :)

Leah and Mike said...

So cool she came early too! Our little MilaBelle was 10 days early of the due date & with Abigail coming 3 weeks early of her due date, we might just be sending out the message that all the other expectant mothers want to hear. She's a cute kid!

Jen Talbot said...

How exciting! We are so happy for Abby to be here, especially early. What a fun Thanksgiving you will have.

Courtney said...

CONGRATS!! She is so cute and does look just like a little Abby. You look amazing too in all those pictures...wish my labor pictures look like that!

Lyman Family said...

Congrats on having your baby. I love the name Abigail. She is beautiful and you look great.